Local Is Now Social
It is imperative for a local business to have an active strategy to build a positive online reputation. Businesses with five-star reputations are ranking higher in search, being found faster in the "near me" search results, and beating out competitors.
- 84% of people trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation.
- 7 out of 10 consumers will leave a review for a business if they're asked.
- 90% of consumers read reviews less than 10 before forming an opinion about a business.
- 54% of people will visit the website after reading positive reviews.
- 73% of consumers think that reviews older than 3 months are no longer relevant.
- 74% of consumers say that positive reviews make them trust a local business .
- 58% of consumers say that the star rating of a business is most important.
Be Proactive About Seeking Positive Reviews On Third Party Review Sites
According to a Harvard study :
- A one-star INCREASE in Yelp rating leads to a 5% to 9% INCREASE in revenue.
- Online consumer review websites provide more information to consumers than was previously thought to be cost-effective.
- Consumers rely on simple metrics such as the average rating and the number of reviews, and are trusting that reviews are written by "elite" reviewers.
- Online consumer reviews substitute for more traditional forms of reputation.
You can take a proactive approach or a reactive approach to your online reviews. When you are proactive about your online reviews, you focus more on customer satisfaction and quality of service to try to prevent negative reviews before they happen and Increase your chances of getting positive reviews.
Every business interacts differently with their customers but they all share the same common goal. And that is creating a positive experience for the customer and then sharing it with others. Because of this, we customize solutions to work with your specific sales cycle. The goal is to get your business a steady stream of positive online reviews, or as we like to call it, Positive Brand Equity on the most popular review sites. Instead of waiting around for a customer to leave you a favorable review, be proactive and reap the benefits of a positive brand identity. Please contact us for a free demo on how we can make this a reality for your business.